Webpage on the root domain and weblog on a subdirectory

I know that we can add external domains but I don’t want to host my weblog on a subdomain. Does anyone know if it’s possible to host a webpage on the root domain and a weblog on a subdirectory? :thinking: I haven’t found if that’s possible on the docs/switchboard settings just yet.

1 Like

The answer is yes! I made this video that shows how:

(I literally just hit upload, so it may still take a while to process, but this will show you exactly how you can do it!)

6 Likes

This is so cool! I love that you put in the time to make this video, thanks Adam. :heart: Off to set that up now.

1 Like

Hi @adam
I tried this, but the index page is blank:
https://voclain.net

I’m not sure where I went wrong. If I change the file location to “somthing.html”, the page works fine if I use that address. I even tried changing it to “/index.html”, where it worked, but only if I type the whole address including the .html part.

The other pages work. I made my post list page be:
https://voclain.net/news

I also included an image of how the code part looks right now:

1 Like

Sorry about that — just fixed that bug! It was the combination of a custom landing page and the multi-post setup that was the culprit there, but it was an easy fix. Site loads now!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :prami_happy:

1 Like

Have you made any more changes to this system? Especially what you showed of at the end of the video: Is there a better way now to have a profile page sit at the root of a weblog, without copying and pasting the page source?
Thanks <3

1 Like

Yes! You can now just use the {profile} tag to plop your profile page content anywhere you’d like (including your landing page). (You may need to play around with some stylesheet stuff to get things looking the way you’d like, but the raw profile HTML be will placed on the page automatically for you.)

1 Like

Does that work in conjunction with the Type: file mechanism from the video? I’m assuming those wouldn’t get run through the {replacement} engine, because when I try that the page just contains {profile}.

1 Like

Yep, it should work anywhere in the weblog engine. Even inside of a blog post, if you really wanted to do that. But definitely on pages!