Text/html MIME type in Files

I’m trying to create a one-off HTML page that I can style independently of the weblog, but stored in the newish Files are of weblog. This is just a temporary thing I wanted to try for putting in place on the “landing” of my new domain but so far I haven’t even gotten that far and I’m having an issue. I have created several CSS files with Files, so I’m familiar with the metadata. I’ve tried both with and without the appending .html in the Location and both give me 404s with either copying the URL provided or clicking the View Live button.

Happy to share the source, it isn’t very long if you think that’d help, or the provided URL that is throwing the 404: anniegreens.lol Landing

Title: anniegreens.lol Landing
Type: file
Content-Type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-US">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title>anniegreens.lol Landing</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>It works!</h1>
  </body>
</html>

Edit: sorry, I guess I tagged this with “question” so my question is what am I doing incorrectly that is giving me a 404?

1 Like

I guess I should change that to “It doesn’t work!” :smirk:

1 Like

Well, the good news is that you’re doing everything correctly! I took the exact snippet you had and tried it on my test weblog, and it worked… so this means that it’s likely some kind of conflict with another combination of configuration, but I haven’t been able to figure out exactly what yet. I’m going to enable some additional logging in a lower environment and hopefully I’ll have this sorted soon!

1 Like

Finally sorted this out — it was due to a really annoying bug, which I believe I’ve fully corrected at this point. Sorry for the delay, and I hope you enjoy playing with static pages (now that you can!).

1 Like

Fantastic!

1 Like