SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT when trying to use external domain

Hey there, I’m fairly inexperienced with websites and DNS settings, so forgive me if I’ve missed something obvious. I’m trying to set up an external domain route to redirect a subdomain I own (managed through Cloudflare) to my omg.lol weblog.

I followed the steps for adding an A record with 5.78.24.5 to my DNS records, and everything is looking green from the Switchboard page. But when I try visiting the page, I get this error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to tea.oats.dev. Peer reports it experienced an internal error.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

Not sure if this is relevant, but I have my SSL/TLS encryption mode set to “Full.” Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

There was an issue with adding new domains to the switchboard recently, I believe Adam fixed it yesterday. It might work if you redo the switchboard entry for your external domain?

Thanks for the info, 8bit. I removed the entry and redid the configuration, but unfortunately I’m still running into the same issue as before.

Update: Deleting and re-adding the configuration didn’t work, but I tried deleting it and re-adding it under a differently named subdomain and that fixed the issue.

2 Likes