How to configure a custom domain for my weblog?

Hi,

I’m aware of that we should configure canonical domain on Weblog side, but how about the DNS?

My goal is to access <my account>.weblog.lol with blog.<custom domain>.

I think you can accomplish that with a CNAME record at your domain registrar or wherever you manage your domain’s DNS records.

I use Porkbun which uses an ALIAS on it’s DNS setting to achieve what you’re referring to.

blog.mysite.xyz points to hosted.omg.lol with a TTL of 600

1 Like

True, an alias might be better in this case.

I’m using Cloudflare, there is no ALIAS type. Instead, I have configured a CNAME record as follows (DNS only, no Cloudflare proxy):

$ dig blog.<my_domain.tld>
blog.<my_domain.tld>.		300	IN	CNAME	<my_account>.weblog.lol.

I also tried to point to hosted.omg.lol:

$ dig blog.<my_domain.tld>
blog.<my_domain.tld>.		300	IN	CNAME	hosted.omg.lol.

Both aren’t working. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi @jihchi! What you’ll want to do is visit your address’s Switchboard page, scroll to the bottom, and add your domain as an “external domain”. The Switchboard will ask you to either set up an A record to the omg.lol IP address, or a CNAME to hosted.omg.lol. Once it sees your domain as having the correct DNS configuration, you can then point it to any omg.lol service that you wish from the Switchboard page. (So if you want it to serve your weblog, just set it to Weblog.)

Hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any issues, though, or if you have any questions.

Wow! Just wow!

That was super slick and sooooo easy!

I have never had an easier experience setting up a custom domain.

Kudos and cheers man! Great work! :+1: