First time using Discord (ever) confused about initial login

As the title suggests, I’m a Discord newb. Launching Discord from your omg.lol social.lol page for your address (using “Connect to Discord” link) opens a new tab with a dialog suggesting I’m already a user (“Welcome back!”).

Since I’ve never logged in before, either via omg.lol or any other Discord server, I’m unsure what login it is expecting. I’ve tried both or any credentials that may be associated with omg.lol, including the IRC credentials, neither work, and I’m not sure if I’m expected to create an account associated with Discord in general or with omg.lol.

Halp!

2023-11-28 at 9.50 AM

Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of that dialogue prompt to create a new account.

Once you have an account created, if it doesn’t automatically redirect to add you to the omg.lol discord, just click on the link again from omg.lol to re-open discord.

3 Likes

Discord is not affiliated with omg.lol so you won’t automatically get an account with omg.lol credentials, just to be clear. You’ll have to register on your own.

haha, yes, I do know that

Perhaps my question wasn’t clear. The initial login does not tell you whether you are logging into Discord itself or the omg.lol server.

Regardless, I’m in there already. This question has been answered and I updated the tag to "question-answered’ to reflect that :+1:

1 Like